Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eldar in 6th.

Recently I've played a game with them to see how they're doing and to try out the harlie star, which proved to be nasty. Played against Necrons where str6 spam means nothing to their vehicles. it wasn't an optimized list that I was facing and had a mix of a lot of units. It still managed to hurt me, and ended up with a draw/lose (unsettled game as time was running out). 










This is what I had:


Eldrad - 210
8x harlequins,kisses, shadow seer, Death jester - 216
5x firedragons, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 205
5x fire dragons, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 205
5x Direavengers - 60
5x Dire avengers - 60
5x Dire avengers - 60
3x jetbikes, S. cannon - 76
Falcon, S.Laser - 130
Falcon, S.Laser  - 130
Falcon, S.Laser  - 130


So all in all, a harlequin mini star and 5 av12 hulls. Not much at all. The reason I went with falcons is cause I felt that I needed the str 8 shots and didn't want to just rely on the dragons.

In the game I had, I made mistakes, lots of them, forgetting hit and run, forgetting energy fields, playing as if they were their dark cousins. But apart from that, the str6 dakka wasn't enough to deal out the damage I needed. Infact I saw that dakka serpents are way more reliable at downing av11 hulls and cheaper than falcons. So here's a list maximizing the str6 potential.


Eldrad - 210       
10x harlequins, kisses, shadowseer, deathjester - 256
5x fire dragons, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 205
5x fire dragons, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 205
5x Dire avengers, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 185
5x Dire avengers, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 185
5x Dire avengers, waveserpent, S.laser, S.cannon - 185
3x jetbikes - 66

added more 'reliable' str6 dakka, got the clowns to 10 man. if my math is right than this list would strip 9.42 av11 hull points (without cover) while the previous list would only take off 8.67 hull points.
Thankfully In my meta There's no or very little av13 spam, but still I think guard will give me the hardest time because of their vast access to flamers which is the death of the harlies, so just hit the sides and stay aware of flamers. This isn't really a proper all-comers list and not something I'd bring to tourneys, but I wanted to get my old army up to efficiency with this edition using the models I have. Seems like a fun list to use with potential deadliness.



something to note here is that eldar have gotten generally better with jink and hull points, to a degree that they can be considered (IMO) a competitive army with the necessary addition of adding imperial allies, just two 10 man tactical squads can do so much for them. But unfortunately it's not an option for me as I don't do imperials.  


No comments:

Post a Comment